- evenings have been appearing in our back year earlier and earlier - often before I'm done all my outdoor things for the day
- my first season of triathlon competition is drawing to a close. The last race is this weekend, and today I was told by the race director that it was "not a competitive event."
- homework and extra-curricular lessons now fill the cooler, darker evenings for the kids
- our local outdoor pool is now drained and being prepared for hibernation
- school has started for elementary and university students alike
- the old farts swim team I belong to has started up for the season
- today was a cool, cool day - much cooler than yesterday's 30+ heat and stuffiness
- I felt that long pants would be appropriate today
Not that I'm dreading the approaching fall and winter. I'm sure they'll hold some fun of their own. I just have a special place in my heart for all that summer means.
It sure was a great summer.