For our New Year's celebration, Jenn and I have signed up for a 8 kilometre event (sponsored by a local fitness shop) called The Resolution Run. I haven't trained (by running, that is) at all. I hope my basic fitness level (from swimming) and my longer stride will help me to keep pace with my wife. Why did I do it?
- I wanted to do something different this year.
- I wanted the free wind jacket that goes with being in the race (the entry fee was less than the jacket's price)
- I wanted to model positive activities for our kids. I hope that they learn to mark special events like this with athletic endeavors instead of drunken binges.
- I wanted a little adult time with my sweetheart.
- I wanted to work up a good appetite before going over to our friends' place after the run.
Anyway I look at it, this is a good thing to do. Anyway except looking at the physical exertion part. Damn! I almost forgot about that.