I didn't get a chance to regularly watch it again until I was in high school. It was during these formative teen years that I was reunited with my great-grandmother. She happened to live very close to my high school. This school was across town from where I lived, but right next to the swimming pool where I trained in the mornings. Rather than hanging out at the school cafeteria during lunch, I went to Grandma's house for a bowl of hot soup. She seemed to appreciate the company. When I arrived at about 11:30, most days I found the TV on and Johnny Olsen inviting people to "Come on Down!"
Just in case you have a job and are not able to watch daytime TV, I thought I'd bring you up to speed.
- Bob Barker is still hosting the show but he's looking old. He's got all his hair but he's getting a little senile. He called one of the conestants by a wrong name twice. He isn't as frisky with the pretty young girlie contestants as he used to be.
- I think the games are getting too easy. All six contestants won today.
- the contestants and the audience still go nuts when the announcer is describing the prize and it turns out to be A NEW CAR!
- they still use the Cliffhanger Game. I love that little yodel ditty. I can't count the number of times I went back for afternoon classes and had it running through my head.
- it's no longer a Mark Goodson, Bill Todson production. It's now a Mark Goodson Production. Did Bill and Mark have a fight?
Hey, I just saw a teaser for Oprah at 4 pm. Did I have anything else I was supposed to do today?